Jefferson School update
Here is an update so everyone is in the loop.
- Dave Tyson has hired SHN to revise the strategic Plan
- Fuente Nueva Signed a Letter of Intent (to lease) at their Board Meeting
- Aldergrove Charter school is interested in sharing the space (they are home schooling charter school)
- Arnie (SHN) has met with Fuente Nueva and with a few members of our group to update us and gather current information
- David has met with a local lender willing to lend 80% of total project cost
- The loan can be guaranteed by USDA backed “insurance (sort of)” for business and industry
- The escrow was extended 60 days but will expire March 13th the School board will vote to put the property to bid at the March 16th meeting if escrow has not closed.
- I have written a letter of interest for the city regarding the Westside Community Improvement Association acting as 3rd party. It is being reviewed by a consultant and must be approved by the WCIA Board Officers.
- WCIA has an FEIN# and all arcticles of incorporation submitted for approval, And officers pro tem seated
- The landscaping is done beautifully I might add,
- The garbage is picked up
- The security patrol is dedicated and walking the property at night regularly
- We can not access the property to fix the windows according to Gregg Haulk it is against escrow rules to improve the property while it is in escrow.
The formation committee for 501C3 is
Heidi Benzonelli Pres pro tem
Richard Evans VP pro tem
Lisa Ollivier SEC pro tem
David Ogden Tres pro tem
Lorene Dunaway Member pro tem
Sylvia Scott Member pro tem
Ron Kuhnel Member pro tem
Official elections will occur once the 501C3 in fully established.
We have a logo attached, a post office box and a bank account with $ 1300 that should barely cover the costs of formation, we have $2250 grants from better together and first 5 and a letter pledging us $100,000 for assistance with our efforts as a grassroots community group.
The parts that seem to be missing from the Jefferson project right now are
Lets plan a Block Party eh? Off the hook, music, BBQ, invite everyone, flyer the heck out of the whole westside and rock the house!