Public Records Request seeks County salaries
Humboldt County Risk Manager Amy Nilsen notified county employees and elected officials of the PRA Tuesday morning. She said the request was sent to all California counties, special districts and school districts. The results will be posted on the San Jose Mercury News website.
Readers will recall that a Humboldt County Grand Jury report last year criticized county supervisors for drawing higher salaries than similarly populated counties (though the report carried a stench of political motivation).
Below are the PRA particulars.
(1) employee last name,
(2) employee first name and middle initial,
(3) employee job title,
(4) employee department,
(5) employee base pay for 2010 before any deductions,
(6) gross employee overtime pay for calendar 2010,
(7) other taxable payments that contribute to gross pay if any, such as uniform allowance, bi-lingual, shift-differential , etc., and in the case of employees who left the entity’s employment in 2010 payment of unused sick, vacation, compensatory and personal time.
(8) gross 2010 total pay before any deductions,
(9) the employer’s cost of all medical, dental and vision benefits, including employer’s share and contributions paid on behalf of the employee,
(10) the employer’s share of pension payments,
(11) any share of the employee’s pension contribution paid by the employer,
(12) any payments to any deferred compensation or other types of retirement plans by the employer,
(13) the cost to the employer for long term disability, life, Medicare and Social Security insurance,
(14) any additional monetary costs (excluding accrued vacation, sick and compensatory time) directly related to the 2010 cost of employment of the individual employee.