Solar power systems on display
[Press Release] Plan It Green is happy to announce the 9th Annual Solar & Efficiency Tour will be held on Sunday, Oct. 2nd starting at 10:30 AM at the Aquatic Center rm. 203 on Waterfront Drive, Eureka (next to Adorni Center).
This year’s tour is proud to feature several innovative high-profile buildings including the Winzler and Kelly new offices (LEED Gold certified) and the Escarda Place new housing development which are affordable, efficient houses that utilize solar heating strategies such as southern glazing, solar hot water systems and PV systems.
For this year’s tour, which is free to public, will be energy efficient buildings, solar space heating, solar water heating and solar electric (photovoltaic) applications. Among the featured properties are the following:
- Arcata City Hall – photovoltaic system
- A “net-zero home” featuring energy efficient appliances, solar space heating & solar PV
- The Potwawot Health Clinic – solar PV system
- A “solar car” – converted electric vehicle that’s powered by the sun
- A converted Eureka bungalow with solar hot water & solar electric
- An Arcata office building with grid-tied solar with battery backup
- A grid-tied solar powered ranch in Bayside
- An off-grid solar home on Elk River Rd. in Eureka
- An energy efficient, affordable housing development in Arcata featuring solar space heating design, solar hot water and solar electric
- Two solar water heating systems applications – one for 4-person home solar hot water (Arcata) and another for hot water and radiant heating space heating (McKinleyville)
The tour is free to the general and begins at 10:30 at the Aquatic Center with a presentation on new energy upgrade programs offered by PG&E and CHF low-interest financing. Attendees will learn why efficiency and renewable energy pays off in more than just financial terms and how they can undertake a project of their own. Experts will be available all day at each facility to give guided tours and answer questions.